Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Jemma!













Today our baby turned three! It was a great day of celebrating, presents, the park, Red Robin and yummy cake! I will try post more about it tomorrow because I need to process my emotions, but it was a range of emotions for me, from thankfulness she is home and we can celebrate with her, to sadness in wondering what her birth mother might go through at this time of the year. I hope and pray that God gives her peace and that somehow she will know that Jemma is safe and loved.


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jemma!!!

    I completely understand your feeling. I think of this each year when my daughter reaches her birthday. I also feel that with the love and strength of God that her birth mother will find peace of mind. Jemma is one lucky little girl to have you for a family, she is loved and adored by all of you.

    When we enter into this fabulous journey called adopted, we knew that there would be many unknowns. For me, it is my faith in God that helps me through these difficult questions. I hope that you can come to peace with this as well.

    Happy Birthday little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet Jemma!! Sounds like a picture perfect day of celebrating such a special gift in your life!

    Oh friend, I will be praying for you as you seek to make sense of the overwhelming feelings that you are having surrounding this special day. I pray that the Lord will bring you comfort in your questions that may never be answered and that somewhere, on the other side of the world He will also bring a peace to a mother's heart that may be wondering about the child she had to say good-bye to. I know, sometimes it's even too much to even think about. Just wanted you to know I understand where you are coming from!

    So happy Jemma is home with her family to celebrate her 3rd birthday and all the birthdays to come! We serve a GREAT God don't we?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think about the birth mother's sadness too, though of course i know it will be even more powerful when we bring lulu home. and even more so in our girls' cases, i think as the medical condition that might have led the mothers to give up these two girls is now no longer a problem. i know it's so hard. i pray that their mothers find God's peace as well.

    ReplyDelete