Monday, August 10, 2009

I want healthy kids and a swimming pool!

Okay, so we've been stuck at home for 8 days now. It started out with Flynn's adenoidectomy, ear drum patch in left ear and tube in the right. Well, he had a bit of a weird side effect where he couldn't move his neck for a week. Then Liam came down with a wicked respiratory virus, high, high fever, nasty cough, weird breathing and then Flynn came down with it too. I think I'm done now. I'm ready to have everyone healthy. Oh and a FYI, adenoiectomy breath stinks for way too long.

A word of advice to anyone out there who has a kid who has a hole in their ear drum, don't get it patched in the summer. Our ENT only informed us after the surgery that all summer fun was over because there will be no more trips to the pool. Yes people, that means I get to live out the rest of of AUGUST, in the SOUTH, with three very active kids, just looking at the refreshing pool across the street not actually in it. Uuuuh, yeah, he could have let me know that little tidbit of info BEFORE I scheduled the surgery. No bitterness :)

On the good news front. We've been logged in for 21 days now. I'd just like for anyone at the CCA* to know that if they wish to use a dossier as a guinea pig dossier and see how blazing fast it can get through their system, we're totally voluntering ours. We're ready to come to China now.

Off to read more about that amazingly gorgeous Edward Cullen! *Heart Flutters*

2 comments:

  1. On the adoption front, I'm praying night and day for you guys! Every time you come to mind, which is often, I say a little prayer.

    On the adenoid front, my brother and I had ours out in elementary school and the one thing I do remember is the smell, lol, that it too funny!

    On the Twilight front....hubba hubba! Can't wait for November to get here either! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY, GIRL, CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR SOME GOOD NEWS!

    JACKIE

    ReplyDelete