Friday, November 20, 2009

TA!!!!!!!!!!!




I am so excited I can barely stand it! Today we received the news we have been waiting for, our Travel Approval has arrived and we can now make plans to travel to China!! We are all so thrilled by this news! Our agency will confirm a Consulate Appointment for us on Monday. Right now we will either be leaving 12/4 or 12/10. So this weekend we start the packing frenzy of getting ready to travel to Hefei, China where we will meet our daughter. The one God knew about before we had even thought of adoption, the one God had planned for us to parent before she was even born.

Thank you to all my family and friends who have prayed faithfully for this adoption. I ask that you continue to pray for Jemma. In 2 weeks her world will be turned upside down for the second time in her short life. Please pray that God will prepare her heart for us and that the transition into our care will be as smooth as can be. Please also pray for Patrick, Liam, Neve, Flynn and I, that God will prepare us and have us ready for this big change too. And please pray for safe and healthy travels for us.

We're coming Jemma! We are!

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying that God fills Jemma's heart with his love, that she opens up her heart to you and Patrick while you are in China. Your are such a wonderful family, I am so over the moon excited to see you holding Jemma. I can't believe I won't be at the airport to greet you :(
    All my love, prayers and blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish we were coming down to NC for a visit this Christmas!

    Let me know where you will be staying once you get into Hefei. We stayed at the Novotel and it was very, very nice, and very inexpensive. I think my total bill for four nights plus room service plus meals ate there every day for Ciara and I was like $450.

    I also would like to send you some pics to give to Ciara's foster mama, if you don't mind and if you get to visit the orphanage.

    In Him, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you!!! What a wonderful time of year to bing your daughter home!!!

    ReplyDelete