Okay, these last 6 months went FAST, very fast! I guess 4 kids makes everything speed up up a little. I'm planning a massive update! I'll keep the update focused on Jemma, since that is why we started this blog, but I'm hoping to be a better blogger from now on and I'll make this blog mostly about our whole family instead of focusing on our newest addition.
Can I just say, I'm still in awe of the miracle of adoption?! How God chose us to be the parents of an amazing, sweet, funny and loving little ray of sunshine! How He brought us together and made us a family of 6. God has blessed us beyond imagine!
The only way I can catch up 6 months in one post is mainly through pics. That's all y'all want anyway :) And, you don't have to suffer through my grammatical errors ;-)
This year we had some pretty cool snowstorms in our city! Well, I hear they were cool from the snow lovers. I don't see how any snow is nice, but they say it was. I begrudgingly bundled everyone up and took them out for some snow fun. The kids loved it! I'm sure Jemma had seen snow many times but I don't know if she had actually ever been allowed to play in it. She loved playing in it, but I think she liked coming inside for hot chocolate more. As you can see from the pics, we were ill prepared for snow this year, poor girl had to wear crocs!


On Valentines Day we visited with the great grandparents. I don't have any pics from that visit but I do have pics of the cookie making and decorating that happened before we left. I think Jemma was in heaven, eating cookies, icing from the bowel and sprinkles.


We also got to celebrate our first Chinese New Year this year! One of our favourite families hosted us in their home for the festivities, good friends, good food, good times!


We also made a lot of cookies! If you've seen me in a bathing suit this summer, you probably already guessed that ;-)
Jemma enjoyed her first trip to Maggie Moo's! Her idea of heaven I think..
We took a mid winter break to the Great Wolf Lodge. Jemma's first trip to a pool. We found out that day our kid has no fear of water but in true Jemma fashion she may have enjoyed the snacks more than the slides..
At the start of Spring Jemma also got to be reunited with a Hefei sister. Ciara and Jemma were at the Hefei CWI together! They both arrived at similar times and their files appeared on the shared list on the same day. Jackie, Ciara's mom got to travel to get Ciara before us because they were way ahead in their paper work and had been waiting much longer than us. Jackie was so nice to make a visit to Jemma's class at the CWI and get some pictures of her while we waited! A true gift. Anyway we had so much fun visiting with Ciara's family and can't wait to see them next Spring again!
Her first Easter was a great day celebrated with family and great friends! She enjoyed the eggs and candy. She was a bit young to understand the meaning of Easter but in my heart I was so thankful that she is home and we can teach her all about the One who loves her beyond anyone's imagination!
On May 4, we got to celebrate one year since the day we received Jemma's referral! 365 days of seeing that face, sometimes laughing, sometimes crying, mostly smiling, ALWAYS loved!
We celebrated with cupcakes, is there any better way?
Strawberry picking was next for us, and it might have been the best day of Jemma's life. She got her own water bottle to hold and carry around. Who cares about strawberries when you have your OWN water bottle and make it your mission to finish that entire bottle before the picking is over? I'm so mad I didn't get any pics of her and her water bottle but this pic was shot before the water bottle made it's appearance.
Ouma and Aunty Cheryl came all the way from South Africa to meet Jemma this year. It was love at first site! She pretty much steals the heart of all she meets :)
Since last summer I have been dreaming about taking Jemma to our pool for the first time! The girl did not disappoint! Not only does she insist on beingn so stink' cute and wearing goggles (or gobbles as we call them) constantly, she is a water baby! She is a natural in water! It blows me away!
On June 7th we celebrated that Jemma had been in our family for SIX months!
She then had the first experience of an ice cream truck! Not only did she love the fact that there is a truck that brings ice cream to your house, but even better, a truck that has DOR@ Ice Cream!
I loved seeing her in her little July 4th dress! Now she gets to celebrate being an American along with being Chinese! It is so fun coming up with ways to celebrate being both! She really loved the festivities! The only thing she did not like about this day however was she forced into a nap! It was worth it though because she got to stay up and watch the fireworks.
Beach trip. 'Nuf said!
In late July we drove to Asheville to meet G'Ma! We miss G'ma! G'ma has been busy caring for Bill as he has had a lot of health issues this year! Hopefully though he is on the mend! We sure wish Tennessee wasn't so far away:(
So those were just the highlights of the last 6 months! In between has been a lot of fun! Don't get me wrong, we have moments around here. Moments of whining, of testing the limits of sibling rivalry. But what family doesn't? Mostly though the blessing of adoption has brought us more joy than we could have ever fathomed! Will we do it again? If God tells us to, we will!
I leave you with one last picture! A scene at our house every.single.day! Jemma and her dollies!
































What a way to wrap up 6 months in a tiny pink bow. Still waiting for the blue one. ;-)
ReplyDeletewow, what a big six months. I can't believe looking at all the photo's how much Jemma has grown. She's so stinkin' cute :)
ReplyDeletethank you for making marc's day :)
I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Our one year Gotcha Day anniversary of 8-31 is only two weeks away.
ReplyDeleteI am in constant total awe that the Creator of the Universe chose us and thinks us worthy to parent these beautiful children from the other side of the planet...ALL of our children actually!
Jemma is absolutely beautiful, and I'm thinkin' these two NEED to see each other before next spring! ;)