Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Snapshot Sunday -- Liam

I have wanted to join along in Snapshot Sunday for weeks now, but every Sunday comes and goes and I never get around to it. I took these pictures a few weeks ago with a Snapshot Sunday post in mind and since I have a few minutes now I'm going to post it now! Here we go with a Snap Shot Sunday on Wednesday! My focus today.. My first born! The boy who stole his Mama's heart the very second he entered this world! As rookie parents, this poor little dude has endured some first-time parenting blunders for sure, but he is none the worse for wear! In fact this guy has such a big heart, I learn so much from him.

Patient. This boy has the patience of a saint, and y'all know he did NOT get that from me! As the oldest, he has so much patience to put up with this gang! He puts aside the desires of a 9 year old to let them pick a preschool age show, he spends time helping them on the computer when they want to play their preschool games. There is not an ounce of him that has any interest in our amigos Dora and Diego, but the boy patiently sits through making Diego jump over pot holes and helps guide little hands as they try make Dora change the color of the flowers.


Cheerful! Always a GRIN on this boy's happy face, showing his dimples! A sure way he is going to win over the ladies when the time comes!

A glad heart makes a cheerful face.. Proverbs 15:13. We know the condition of this boy's heart!

Loyal! Holy Moly! This boy, he just couldn't intentionally say or think a bad word about the peeps he loves. Even if you try and trick him into admitting one of us lacks in a certain talent, there is no way or no how he would do it. We're the best, aint nothing going to change that in Liam's eyes!





Helpful. He is always open to lending a helping hand! I mean, how many 9 year olds out there offer to help their grandparents move house on a 102 degree day instead of soakin' in the pool all day with buddies?





Adventurous! Always in search of a good adventure! Whether it be finding a new hiding spot in the woods or seeing just how far and high he can jump without taking a trip to the ER!



Protector. True to the meaning of his name, this boy aint gonna let anyone mess with his sibs!






Well, no one else except for himself on the rare occasion;-)




Humble! Now this is the one that I wish would rub off on me more! I love how he doesn't engage in competition, instead he is truly happy for his siblings and friends when they achieve.



Growing Up! He is the only one of the kids who is now allowed to take advantage of adult-like treats, and boy does he make use of that privilege!


Praying that this cool dude stays as humble and gentle in spirit as he is now and that he will transform the lives of many with his compassionate heart!

Snap Shot Sunday is a fun way to share your pics, shamelessly brag on your loved ones and record the memories of life! You can join in at Snap Shot Sunday :) Reading all about your peeps is what I love to do!


4 comments:

  1. So much of his father in him, reminds me of Patrick when he was small. Must be the first born trait, that plus excellent parenting skills of his mother and father. Thanks for training up my first grandchild in the way he should go because when he is a teenager he will not forget :)

    Grandma Carwa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious way to honour your sweet man, hope you let him see this, I bet he'd remember it forever (-:

    ReplyDelete