Having internet issues so I hope this comes up okay. The pics are probably not in order but I have been trying for hours and I just can't get the VPN to work so I can't access blogger.
Oh my goodness! What an amazing day. I want to tell you about our great walk in the park this morning and what the girls got up to but I'll just cut to the chase :) I know you want to know all about Gotcha!
We were told to meet on the 3rd floor at 3:30pm. The wait actually wasn't so bad, we all got ready, got his snacks and toys, camera's etc and at about 3:27 we all went to the door of our hotel room, opened it and who was standing right at our door? Oliver! We were SHOCKED! He was so adorable just standing there smiling with our guide and one of the men from the orphanage. Patrick quickly got out his video camera and started filming and I got down and started playing with him. He was a bit shy at first but really liked the toys we brought. He had some kind of snack in his fist and he shoved the whole thing in his mouth so that he could hold his new toys. We then went down to the conference room, we didn't hold him on the wy down because he was still a bit scared, but once we got to the conference room and took out all the toys, he just came right over and hugged me. It was so sweet! The director of the orphanage and his entourage were sooo nice! They gave us his original finding note and outfit and a CD of pics of him. I can't wait to look at them. After we signed the paperwork we headed back to our room and he was happy to come with us. He didn't cry when the orphanage staff left and has been happy ever since. He laughs and smiles all them time and copies everything we do. When people talk to him in Chinese he nods his head and says, "Yeah". It's soo sweet. He did come to us with a bad cold and cough and a pretty bad rash on his face, neck and arms:( I don't know what its from but he scratches it a lot and I can just kick myself for not bringing aquaphor! I put him to bed just before I started this and he has already woken up several times coughing and also threw up:( It might be a long night.
He tries to mimic a lot of the words we say and his little voice is so sweet. He does the cutest little xie xie (thank you) when you give him something.
Okay, I hope that all made sense because I am sooooo tired! Jet lag stinks! I am going to post pics and I'll post more in the morning.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers!! We felt so comforted all the way in China! Not only do I feel so blessed to have Oliver as a son, I feel so blessed to have s many amazing people in my life who have encouraged us every step of the way!! From the bottom of my heart! Thank you!!
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








He is dripping with preciousness, Jax. Love the way Neve dotes on him.. Sounds like it was a smooth transition! Hope the rash goes down soon.. if you can find vicks vapor rub, use some on the soles of his feet for the cough at bedtime. works like a charm. Can't wait for more pics and posts. Love, May
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, is he ever adorable. Great pictures and what a beautiful smile he has. I'm so happy for you and your family. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a DOLL! Congratulations! He's beautiful. Hope you all get some much needed rest and may your first days together be blessed.
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your precious new son!!
ReplyDeleteI was so excited to see so many great photos already! Blessings to you as you spend the next several days loving on your new baby boy!!!
Hugs,
Diana
He's gorgeous!! What hotel are you at? That conference room looks exactly like the one we were in when we got Thomas! We stayed at the Golden Resources Hotel. I loved the hedge maze outside!
ReplyDelete