I wanted to post a link to a blog that was extremely helpful to us when we were trying to decide if adopting a SN child was the right thing for our family. No Hands But Ours is an awesome website, it not only describes a variety of special needs but it has a collection of stories from families that have adopted children with these special needs. I would say that along with personal blogs that I read, No Hands But Ours was pivotal in our decision to adopt from the China Special Needs program.
If you're a visitor to my blog who is contemplating adoption, go on over there and have a look. Your heart will be moved:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi, my name is Mandi and I just came across your blog. We are in the process of adopting our second special needs child from China (this time a boy). We brought home our daughter Mylee last May from Nanjing.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is beautiful, do you have a name for her yet?
I just found out today that we are finally DTC!!!
Mandi
So I know I shouldn't ALREADY be hopeful about getting LOA but I can't help it. I am! How are you holding up in this wait?
ReplyDelete"approved in the review room"...I don't know what that means but I like the sound of it!!! My agency doesn't talk about stuff like that. They are great. Just very tight lipped!! Man...now I'll be checking more frequently than I already do! Er, I mean. What? I don't check RQ ever...(ha, ha!)
ReplyDeleteOk, here is one thing I know...I have to stop reading the "purple site". All of the nay-sayers are getting me down!!! I have no clue when we'll get our LOA but know that the Lord's timing is perfect!! Yes, I'm still praying we get it soon and can travel QUICKLY to get our son but I think I've gotten a little too caught up in what others are saying instead of just being still and knowing. So I don't know why I'm telling you that except that maybe it will keep me accountable!! Hope you are doing ok!
ReplyDelete