Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 3 with Jemma.




















Hi Everyone!

Jemma is asleep in bed and Patrick is lying down resting! Our third day with Jemma went well. We are learning more about her every day. Today started off rough when she opened her sweet little eyes and realized that it wasn't a dream, her life was indeed still turned upside down. Somehow we distracted her though and she settled down and waited patiently for us to get ready for breakfast. She ate an okay sized breakfast and then we rushed out the door to visit a museum. The museum was okay but really, we are tired of being whisked around and just wanted to be in our hotel room relaxing. We got home mid afternoon, grabbed a bite to eat and spent the rest of the day in our room. Jemma really liked that. She too is tired of being whisked around and was happy to sit around here digging through suitcases looking for things to play with. She is quite imaginative and set up a tea party for her dolls and animals using stacking cups. She also loves to nurture her dollies. Her favorite thing to do though is to apply chapstick about once every four seconds, navigate the ipod touch and take photos with our camera. She actually gets the concept of aiming the camera and snapping pictures.

I want to thank everyone for all the prayers, blog comments, emails etc. Your comments and encouragement are huge to us!! Y'all know I'm the kind of person that worries if I have nothing to worry about! This trip however has been totally different. I have felt tremendous peace the whole time. So thank you again for the prayers and encouragement! I love you all!

Tomorrow will be our last day in Hefei and while I am sad that it will be the last day that Jemma will be in her birth province, I am so excited for a new beginning for her in Guangzhou and then a week later the real new beginning when the plane touches down in the States and her little feet touch american soil and she becomes an American citizen and gets to meet her forever family and friends!

I have attached a few pictures to this email. I hear the last pictures did not show up on the blog so I hope these will. My only regret so far is buying a new camera to bring to China so we didn't have to carry the SLR around. The quality of our pics stinks!!

Love you all!





7 comments:

  1. no pictures again lol just save them for facebook when you get home:) have a safe trip on your next leg of your journey.
    see you all soon
    love, momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to say the pictures still aren't showing up but glad you are still able to update. Still praying for you and can't wait to hear about your time in Guangzhou...happy shopping!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you have to email me the photos so I can post them. We feel a bit tortured over here with titles like "8 great photos" . So glad to hear that Jemma is hanging in there after her emotional day yesterday. Guangzhou will be great. I'm sure she will love picking out her own squeaky shoes. Make sure you go to Sherry's place, best selection on the same street as starbucks but a block down.
    Blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pup,

    Yes we all know you worry coz you are not worried, so Im really happy that you felt at ease and at peace. Wish I was with you going to Guangzhou so i could shop. I cant wait to see Jemma one day! Enjoy all the one on one time with Jemma and bond well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do not know me but my name is Misty and I'm a friend of Amy's. I just want you to know that I understand the emotional rollercoaster you are on right now. Our trip to China for our daughter was the hardest thing I've ever done. Our little girl was so angry/sad/heartbroken. It was a very difficult time for my husband and I as we walked through it with her. We know Who the healer of all broken hearts is but it doesn't always make it easier when you are living it. I am praying for both of you and your precious little Jemma. The good news is we've been home almost three months and she is adjusting well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah the pics didn't come out again.... :(

    Hope your trip to Guangzhou goes well!

    Love ya

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey all,

    Im sooo glad things are going well. Jemma will settle in soon enough. Nope the pics didnt come out again :(
    Please email some pics i love looking at them.

    Love
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete