Sunday, December 6, 2009

Good Morning from Hefei, China!

Well peeps! TODAY is the day!!!!! THE day I have dreamed about for 7 months! In three short hours Jemma will be in our arms! I am so excited! 

I woke up this morning at 6am after a fabulous nights sleep! I lay in bed wondering what was going on just 30 minutes down the road at the Orphanage. I am wondering what Jemma is going through this morning. I am sure her schedule is not what it is most days and that they are getting her ready to leave and be in the City at 9am. I wonder if she is scared. I am sure it has been a long time since she has been in a car. I have been praying that God will fill her heart with peace and that she will not be afraid. Praying that God will break down walls and heal wounds and that she will be comfortable with us and know she is loved!!! And she is LOVED!!! 

We have an amazing view of the city from our room in the Holiday Inn. Right now the city is just bustling with activity, busses, taxis and loads of people on bicycles. Everyone getting ready for the work week. Lots of honking too, and well, let me just say that I'm glad our drivers have such a good sense of timing and distance because wow, I am surprised we made it to our destinations without killing any pedestrians or having any head-on collisions.

Later today if Jemma naps, I will post pictures of our touring in Beijing yesterday. We had a great day of visiting Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and a silk factory. Our guide Tom was so super nice! Our flight to Hefei was wonderful and I cried when we the wheels touched the runway in Hefei! Over the PA system as we landed a song came on, a familiar song to us all but not to the people of China! It was quite bizaar but they played a Christmas song with the lyrics about Jesus being born to bring us all salvation, Patrick and I just looked at each other and cried! 

The plan for the day so far is to go get ready, eat breakfast and meet our guide, who by the way is the second cutest girl in all of China, at 9:10. We will then take a 20 minute drive to the Civil Affairs Office and meet the Orphanage Director, a nanny and our Jemma!!!

Our next post will be from the three of us! :)



10 comments:

  1. Ah! I'm so excited that in just 1 hour and 15 minutes you will be getting your 2ND daughter!!!!! Who is your guide there? Is it Jane? I turned on Skype this evening and saw that yours was on "yellow". Not sure what that meant. Didn't want to bother you by skyping!! But call any time if you want. I can't wait to see her in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick since you're ahead of us by 13 hours thought I'd let you know THE PANTHERS WON 16- 6 without Jake. LOL Prayers are with you and Jaclyn as you meet Jemma spend time with her and let her feel the love so when she gets home she won't be overwhelmed. Hope you have a pocket full of M&Ms( her brothers and sister's favorite) you'll know she's a true McElhaney then. LOL
    Love,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippe it's Jemma Day!!!! I will be stalking to see the first glimpses of the three of you together. Praying for Jemma right now.
    Love and blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your post on the BAAS group... just a little while longer until you have Jemma in your arms!

    So glad to have found your blog... praying for peace for little Jemma and both of you as well.

    --Robyn (another BAAS family)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that the Lord will fill all three of you with a peace that surpasses all understanding! Praying that Jemma will know that she is safe and loved in your arms and that while she may grieve the loss of only life she has known, she will come to trust and love you both. God is good, keep trusting and depending on Him. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you on this special day! So glad you will finally be with your sweat Jemma.

    Enjoy it all---(if things are difficult, try to remember that you will look back on it and chuckle---and just Hang in there)

    ---wishing you an easy transition.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy for you both/all! I heard Steven Curtis Chapman on the radio today talking about visiting China and dedicating "Maria's Big House of Hope" for special needs orphans. My heart swelled to know that one little girl without a clear future now has two of the most wonderful parents in the world along with brothers and a sister to love her to pieces. Praying today goes smoothly for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just DYING to see the pics!! lucy and i prayed for jemma at bedtime last night...we are so excited to meet our new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking of you all day today (well, your night), and have been dying to hear how your first couple hours with that little sweetheart have been going. Can't wait to see pictures of the three of you together!

    ReplyDelete