Sunday, December 6, 2009

We have her!

This is Patrick.

We're sitting in the hotel room alone with our new daughter!

Everything went great! She's adorable and she looks healthy and well cared for. When she came in she was shy but she knew who we were. Her nanny showed her the book we sent her of family pictures, and showed her that we are "Mama" and "Baba." Jaclyn gave her some snacks and toys and she kept saying "shi-shi" (thank you). After a few minutes she built up the courage to walk up to Jaclyn and give her a brief hug, and then a kiss. Then she also gave me a hug. 

She told her nanny she need to use the restroom. Jaclyn went with them while I waited. When they came back she was walking and holding Jaclyn's hand! 

The orphanage director and nanny snuck out. When she noticed they were gone, we could see she was starting to worry, but holding back the tears. As we were getting ready to leave, the floodgates open and she called out "Mama!" That was extremely hard to watch, but we're encouraged by the fact that she knew us and was full of smiles when she arrived.

We took lots of pictures. I'll post some later if I can.

Thanks you for all of the prayers you have lifted up to Almighty God. We have felt His presence and peace all day. 

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    You know she will settle in. Enjoy these precious first few hours.
    Tears of joy from Atlanta to you,
    Trena
    "lila" on RQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys! Jemma will adjust, she will settle in and by tonight she will be loving her new Mama and Papa. Our Father has orchestrated her path into your arms from the moment she was conceived, and don't you just love it when His plans comes together!!! I'll be getting on my knees now to tell Him how unbelievably awesome He is and what a loving God He is to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jax and Pat. Im soooo happy for both of you! The pics brought tears to my eyes. She is absolutely adorable. She is very lucky to have you guys as parents.
    good luck!
    Luv Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Guys! That is amazing. We are so pleased for you all! Enjoy her and have a safe trip back.
    God is Good!!!
    The Callands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally!!!...so happy for you both...the pictures have me in tears! Thanks for sharing your moment.
    May you have a safe and uneventful trip home.

    Much Love.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so Happy for you all, I'm am smearing my make up as I read your blog, tears of joy! What a sweet amazing testimony to the Love of God and the Love of Family. You guys are amazing and we love you and are so proud to call you friends! (...well really family :))

    Can't wait to meet you. Patrick, can you post pix on BoxNet? Coordinate with Dave, he would sure love to use those for his DVD for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing that she recognized you from the pictures and that she was willing to come to you. We will continue to pray for your bonding and attachment as you get to know each other in the coming days. Enjoy your time together, enjoy China, soak in every moment! Praying everyone gets a good night sleep and that your days are filled with sweet and tender moments! Congratulations on your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jaclyn and Patrick,

    I am soooo happy for you guys. I have been reading and following the progress for some time. Jemma is such a cute girl and I am sure she will bring you lots of happiness and tons of love. I really admire what you have done, it is wonderful to know that another child has a chance in life. When I saw the pictures I could only visualise how happy you and Patrick must be. You are a wonderful loving couple and family. I am sure the Liam, Neve and Flynn will love and adore Jemma. God has selected the perfect home. Peter

    ReplyDelete