Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beijing

Wow! Can. Not. Believe. We are here!! It really does feel like we are dreaming. Our flight from Newark to here was great, except for the fact that they did not load Patrick's gluten free meal, but I will give it to them for trying extra hard to accommodate him by bringing him all kinds of food from first class. Actually, on second thought it would have been nice if they had upgraded us to first class for that, so maybe I wont give it to 'em! As soon as we stepped out of baggage claim our guide was there to whisk us away to the hotel. We then quickly changed and went off to the Acrobat show! Wow, they were really fantastic but I have to admit that Patrick and I were so dead tired we were fighting to keep our eyes open! We then ate dinner at the hotel, Skyped the kids and then fell into bed! 

This morning we woke up to sunrise over Beijing! Sunrise over the land of our daughter! God is sooo good! I cannot believe that tomorrow this time we will be an hour and a half away from meeting her. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous! I have no idea what to expect. I dreamed all about it last night. Well, that and squatty potties! Anyway back to the point. I am anxious, nervous and excited all rolled into one but I am soooo READY! Hopefully I wont forget my camera at home like I did in my dream! Aaah, the nightmares, I tell you!

We are now off to a breakfast  buffet and then some touring of Beijing. At 5pm tonight we will head to the airport and fly off to Hefei for our last sleep without Jemma! 

So excited!

7 comments:

  1. Happy tears so glad to hear you are there safe and sound and enjoying my favorite city. One more day until Jemma day!!!
    Love and Blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the blog-stalking begin!!! I'll be checking back often for your updates :) Have fun! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Wonderful for you! We just got back 2 days ago!

    Enjoy the moment it is very Quick!

    Hugs
    BBB on RQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey my darling sis! So glad you guys got there safely! Not long now until you meet our new little Princess!!! thinking about you every minute of the day! kisses. Les

    ReplyDelete
  5. There just aren't words...so I'll just be quiet now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. God gives us dreams so we won't forget what we need. Thankful you arrived safely but tired. I will try to go have lunch with Liam and Neve this week and I'll let you know how they're doing.
    Love to both soon to be thrice,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you made it safe and sound! Don't feel bad about being tired at the acrabat show...Jeff and I almost fell asleep during it! We were so exhausted from a day of touring Beijing there was no way we could keep our eyes open! Praying for you and can't wait to see pics. of Jemma in your arms! Get some rest and get ready for one of the most amazing days of your life!

    ReplyDelete